Step 1: Select Quality Management tab and select Specification Manager. Select Admin tab, selecting General Admin.
Step 2: The Internal Approval section allows you to set the version incrementing for new specifications (a specification’s version will update when a change is made to an approved specification). You can also select the settings for turning on whether approval is required. Make sure to click on Save Settings at the bottom of the page after selecting your options.
Step 3: If the internal approval has been turned on, add on approvers by clicking on the Add Internal Approvers. This will open a window with the approver options:
- Site – select site for specifications.
- Product type – you can set different approvers for different product types or leave as ‘All’.
- Specification template - you can set different approvers for different specification templates or leave as ‘All’.
- Sign off type – if you are selecting more than one approver, the All Selected Users option will force all the selected users to sign off the specification before becoming approver, or the One Selected Users option will update the specification to approved after one user signs off the specification.
- Users – select the user(s) who will be asked to sign off specifications that match the selected settings.
Step 4: To save click on Add Approvers and these can be edited or deleted by clicking on the buttons to the right of them.