Step 1: Follow the steps in section 3.1 to create your specification and fill in the Edit Spec tab.
Step 2: Click on the Recipe Breakdown tab, this is where you fill in your ingredient list.
Step 3: The finished product will display in the table, click on Add Primary Ingredient to add ingredients into the ingredient list of the product.
A form will open to set your ingredient information:
- Type in the ingredient name and select it from the list which appears (if you cannot find your ingredient from the database, you can add one on manually).
- Input the percentages for the mixing bowl stage and the finished product stage.
- Select the country of origin and contingency country if applicable.
- Select which allergens are present in the product.
- Select which dietary derivatives are applicable for the product.
- If the ingredient contains additives, click on Add Additive and a pop-up window will open, then select and fill in the relevant information and click on Save.
- When the ingredient information is complete, click on Save and Save & Exit which will take you back to the Recipe Breakdown tab.
*Add in all the ingredients using the same steps.
Step 4: To complete a vulnerability assessment for an ingredient, click on the dropdown arrow to the right and select Vulnerability Assessment.
- Select the ingredient touch points and their risk level by clicking on Select beside each relevant point. The selected touch points will appear to the right, reorder them by clicking on the arrows and dragging them into the correct position, delete points by clicking on the delete icon.
- Complete the vulnerability assessment form and click on Save & Exit to return to the Recipe Breakdown tab. The red X under the Vulnerability Assessment beside the ingredient will turn to a green tick once you save.
*Complete the Vulnerability Assessment for each ingredient.
Step 5: To complete a raw material breakdown for an ingredient, click on the dropdown arrow to the right and select Raw Material Breakdown. Complete the raw material breakdown form and click on Save & Exit.
*Complete the Raw Material Breakdown for each ingredient.
Step 6: To edit ingredient information, click on the dropdown arrow to the right and select Edit Ingredient; making sure to click on Save for any changes made.
Step 7: To delete an ingredient from the recipe breakdown, tick the checkbox beside it and click on Delete Selected.
Step 8: To view the information you have completed for an ingredient click on the magnifying glass beside the product.
Step 9: To change the order of the ingredients in the list, click on Reorder Ingredients. A new page will open, click on the arrows to the left of the ingredient and drag into the correct position. When you are finished click on Done.
Step 10: All the ingredients added into the Recipe Breakdown will be automatically added into the Ingredient List and their nutritional values will be automatically calculated in the Nutritional Information tab.
Step 11: If you select an allergen for one of the product’s ingredients, it will pull through to the Allergen Information tab and display as present in the product with the ingredient stated as the source. Click on this tab, complete the information on the allergen and click on Save.
Step 12: If you select a dietary intolerance for one of the product’s ingredients, it will pull through to the Dietary Intolerance tab and display as present in the product with the ingredient stated as the source. Click on this tab, complete the information on the dietary intolerance and click on Save.
Step 13: The additive information for the ingredient product will be automatically added into the Additives tab based on the information you have input into the recipe breakdown.
Step 14: Click on Save to save all the information that has been input into the template