Within the Purchasing tool and sales tool there is an admin section broken into two separate areas General Admin and Costing Admin.
Step 1: Sign in and go to the Purchasing Tool or Sales Tool and select Purchasing Templates or Sales Templates.
Step 2: Navigate to the Admin section using the tab selection shown across the top of the screen. (Please note the admin section will only be visible if the user has the correct access level set within the Company users, Email & Security section accessible through the settings section in the top right of the screen – displayed as a ‘cog’
Step 3: Select General Admin, this will display a series of setting areas: (Any changes need to be saved using the Save Settings button).
- Active Tools
- Product Template
- Custom Year
- Contract Agreement
- Manage Sections
- Price Grid Approval
- Grid Approval Notifications
Step 4: Select Active Tools, this will display the display the available tools for company users, tools can be selected and deselected to turn on/off and will then show in the tab display for the company users.
Step 5: Select Product Template, this will display two options which can be selected and deselected to turn on/off.
- Allow products to be added to a template which belong to other company sites. When products are created in the Company Product File they are set against which company site they relate to. When deselected users will only be able to add products, which relate to that user’s company site to templates. When turned on, the box will expand, and you will be able to set by company site what products are accessible from other company sites. This is done by using the edit button.
- Allow products to be added to a template which belong different product categories. When deselected users will only be able to add products, which match the templates settings product categories. When selected user will be able to add different product categories to the same template.
Step 6: Select Custom Year, this will display an option which can be selected and deselected to turn on/off. Allowing you to add custom year start/end dates which will be utilised to determine week numbers when reporting.
- Set a prefix to follow week numbers for example ‘Accounting Week’ would display as Accounting Week 1
- Add a New Year allows you to name the year and select the start and end date of that year. The system will treat the first week of that period as week 1 and follow subsequently until the end date. This can be repeated for multiple years.
Step 7: Select Contract Agreement, this will display an option which can be selected and deselected to turn on/off. Allowing you to set if contract agreements are auto generated by the system in sequential order or inputted by the user.
Step 8: Select Manage Sections, this will display the option to create your own custom groupings – these would be displayed within the templates to help order products into custom sections. This can only be set against 1 site so repeat as required for different company sites. The ‘Order’ allows you to set the display order for example 1 will be at the top.
Step 9: Select Price Grid Approval, when new pricing grids are created you have the option to set whether it must be approved by certain people within the company. The users can be configured here by clicking add approvers or editing current approvers. There are two methods to approve ‘All Selected Users’ will mean all users added as approvers must each approve before it is move to approved status, or ‘One Selected Users’ will mean only one users added as a approver much approve before it is moved to approved status. This can be configured on a site of group level.
Step 10: Select Grid Approval Notifications, here you can select certain users to be notified by email when a new pricing grid has been approved.
Step 11: Select Costing Admin, this section allows configuration of costs and credits which can be used within the cost model templates. Costs relate to charges which are applied to an agreement for example – carcase cost, factory processing fee, transport etc. Credits are re-imbursements which are applied to an agreement for example offal credits, hide credit, rebates etc.
New costs and credits can be created by selecting Add New Cost / Credit
This will open a setup screen with the below options:
Updates and amends can be made to created Costs and Credits: